- London, UK
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. Developing new visual effects
techniques and creating cutting edge productivity tools is vital to MPC’s continued success.
6 month contract - Junior/entry Level
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE BUILDING, SETTING UP AND REPARING COMPUTERS.
THIS IS NOT A POST PRODUCTION ROLE - THIS IS SYSTEMS ONLY
A runner position is a great way to get started in the industry. There is currently a vacancy for a runner in the Systems team supporting the Film Systems department. The Systems team look after all the technology that creates cutting our edge visual effects, from workstations to servers and software.
The role would suit anyone who has come out of a computer science or related degree. The kind of person who loves tinkering with technology, building PC's or doing tech support. You'll get hands on with some state-of-the-art kit, tuition from experienced colleagues, and be involved in some very high profile movie productions at the same time.
Most of your time will be spent 'on the floor' setting up workstations and supporting our talented artists. Don't expect this to be a desk job! You'll also be helping out the rest of the team keeping things organised and the department running smoothly. You'll get first hand experience learning how MPC's Tech works from the ground up.
· Set up, move and install workstations to meet production requirements.
· Take delivery of, asset tag and deploy new equipment.
· Provide friendly face to face support for VFX Artists.
· Keep artist and technical areas tidy of stray equipment.
· Assist in returning broken equipment.
· Colour calibrate artist monitors.
· Keep the tape archive robot fed with tapes.
· Help other members of the Systems team as needed.
· Various ad-hoc project work.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
You must have
· Keen interest in computers and technology.
· Experience building, setting up, repairing computers
· Experience with troubleshooting hardware and software issues
· Friendly, excellent people skills and a desire to be part of a team.
· Self-motivated and proactive.
· An ability to prioritise workload and respond quickly to important issues.
· Enthusiastic with a commitment to learn.
Experience with Linux and Mac