Senior Software Engineer (Execution Engine/Compute)
- London, United Kingdom
We are hiring a Lead Software Developer for our visual effects products in our London -based software team. We are looking for someone able to contribute to building some of the most advanced tools in the VFX industry, enabling our artists to successfully deliver on some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies in production.
We need people who are able to take initiative, develop software of the highest quality, and think beyond the scope of each development task. They should embrace agility, change and lean product development. Our environment thrives on the ability to communicate complex problems in a simple form to team members, stakeholders and all the way through to users of the system. We require our developers to support the full life cycle of our software projects from design to maintenance, while constantly improving the software to address new challenges!
We are looking for a lead software developer with an excellent grasp of VFX processes and pipeline. The role will be responsible for the development of new products that will help to efficiently deliver the next generation of film visual effects.
- Work with a local team as well as remote members to ensure that implementations are consistent with overall product strategy.
- Work with and mentor more junior members of the team to help resolve issues and solve problems.
- Communicate tasks, challenges and workflows across a globally distributed team.
- Design and architect cutting edge tools and technologies while maintaining existing stack.
- Build relationships with key artists and production staff.
Skills and Experience
- At least 5-8 years of experience in a VFX facility (or equivalent industry).
- Experience leading a team and experience with being responsible for delivering large projects successfully.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical Animation Degree.
- Strong understanding of computer graphics, mathematics, and physics/simulation.
- Advanced knowledge of C++ and Python.
- Expert with Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
- Advanced knowledge of key VFX application APIs - Maya, Katana, Houdini and/or Nuke.
- Experience with Fabric Engine a plus.
- Experience using development best practices.
- Experience with asset management APIs and dependency handling a plus.
- Highly committed, passionate and able to lead and inspire a team.
- Positive attitude towards learning, sharing and mentoring.
- Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.