Lead VFX Concept Artist
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
MPC is an award-winning global creative studio and VFX company; we combine our talent, technology and craft to create memorable and distinctive experiences across a range of channels and platforms.
We are always looking for talented individuals to help us push creative and technical boundaries.
Reporting to the Head of Art, the Lead VFX Concept Artist will manage the visual effects oriented tasks brought to the Art Department. The Lead VFX Concept Artist works closely with VFX Producers and VFX Supervisors to assign and review artist’s work whilst taking responsibility for the sign off of final concepts.
● Proficient in FX Design, Concept Art, PhotoBash, and Plate work.
● Developing all types of visual concept work for Film VFX projects.
● Support the work of Directors, Creative Directors and other Creative leads in the production of visual documents.
● Work closely with the creative Producer and creative Director to ensure production targets are met on time.
● Be part of bidding stages, assessing shots, and completing shot breakdowns.
● Participate in client pre-production creative meetings and relay the information to the team.
● Ensure clients’ visions are met by constantly improving upon their requirements.
● Working closely with other DMPs, CG Artists and Compositors to deliver the highest quality visual output.
● Photoshop, Keyshot, 3D Package (3D Studios Max), and Maya knowledge.
● Solid knowledge of VFX shot production and its iteration process.
● Thorough understanding of colour theory and film application for live-action features, including film-stock, film-grain, colour-space and lookup tables, film processing and DI processing.
● Up-to-date knowledge of VFX tools and emerging technologies.
● Matte painting experience is an asset.
● 5+ years of experience with high-end film based VFX pipelines as a VFX Concept Artist, or extensive experience as a Senior, Lead or Supervising artist.
● Must have experience managing a team, have proven client experience, and knowledgeable about
key players in the field.
● Desire to learn from others and to take on increasingly challenging work.
● Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
● A strong work ethic.
● Team approach and the ability to take direction.
● Ability to successfully delegate and manage projects.
● Ability to understand client approval process.
● A sense of strong team dynamics and a positive morale generating style.
● Able to manage a time-sensitive workload with an urgent and extremely organized manner.
● Capability to learn and adapt quickly.
● Good ability to work under pressure.
● Strong creative ability and flair.
● Ability to mentor and provide feedback to junior employees.
● Excellent team building skills.
Technicolor is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.