- Toronto, ON, Canada
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
- The Rigging Supervisor is responsible for the smooth running of the rigging pipeline.
- This will require maintaining existing technology, integrating third-party technology, and designing and implementing all-new, proprietary technology
- This is a broad role which encompasses many departments and disciplines, including but not limited to: modeling, texturing, rigging, simulation and animation
- The Rigging Supervisor is expected to have a holistic view of the pipeline and be able to design or help design and maintain a smooth and efficient pipeline for rigging photorealistic CG assets.
- The Rigging Supervisor will work collaboratively with the leads of many other departments. The Rigging Supervisor will work closely with the CG and Animation Teams to ensure that the productions' needs are understood and met, and that animators have fast, efficient, intuitive puppets. Integration of characters and rigs into the production pipeline and provide support to character rigs throughout production
- The role requires strong technical and communication skills, as well as a firm understanding of rigging, software design, graphics, and production work flow
- Create and develop scripts and plugins for the Rigging department.
- Candidates will be required to rig advanced characters in Maya
- Research and develop new deformation approaches, advanced methods to create rigs, and enhance existing Maya toolsets using python and Maya API.
- Work with artists to troubleshoot and fix problems arising in the Technical Director’s area(s) of expertise
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in with Python, C++, Maya API, and creating plugins.
- Strong Math skills, ie: Linear Algebra, thorough understanding of matrices, vectors and transformations in 3D.
- Experience with MEL, Maya Production, Motion builder or Mocap experience is a plus.
- Experience working with Facial Action Coding System based facial rigging system is a plus.
- Vast experience in visual effects production experience is a must for this role.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Must have good tools design logic - keeping things as simple as possible while creating complex projects.
- Must be a self-starter with a willingness learn and grow, and take direction well.
- Possess strong time and project management, be a good team player, and have good work ethics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.