Full Stack Web Services Developer
- London, UK
MPC is one of the largest VFX and post production companies in the world. Delivering high quality work for many clients globally, striving to be the best in what we do.
As a full-stack web developer you will be building internally facing interfaces to our platform and production data. The tools will be responsible for the presentation of information to digital artists, project managers and engineering teams.
You will have strong experience developing front-end applications, with an interest in the presentation and visualisation of complex problems. You will be comfortable writing back-end code to complement the front-end using provided APIs for integration with the platform.
As a member of the Core Engineering team, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing software solutions as part of a team
- Writing and maintaining technical and user documentation
- Identifying changing requirements and recommending solutions
- Highlight performance, quality or security issues with existing services and suggest or implement solutions
- Contributing to the design and architecture of projects
- CSS / SASS / SCSS
- Application frameworks, particularly React
- Writing front-end code in an MVC pattern
- Template engines, particularly Jinja2
- Development with Python and the standard library
- A working understanding of HTTP and JSON
- Experience in querying an RDBMS, such as MySQL
- Interest in service-based architectures
Previous experience within the VFX industry is not necessary, we are always interested to hear experiences from diverse backgrounds.