Software Analyst - Lead
- Bengaluru, India
You are few steps away from joining the World class team who brought out the epic “The Jungle Book”. With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for feature film and advertising industries. We are constantly looking for the best talents in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Working at the cutting edge of visual effects requires research and development of new techniques and this is the responsibility of our Software team. We are starting Global software support from Bangalore, for this we are seeking for dynamic, challenge seeking software professionals to contribute for this team and be a part of making of the world class feature film production. We are looking for someone embarking on the first steps of their career in VFX and software development. You’ll be able to contribute directly to the success and timely delivery of some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies in production.
To work hand-in-hand with our artists and senior engineers, providing support for the tools and technologies used to create the stunning imagery for our films. It is a highly dynamic environment, which requires a cool head, creative thinking and pragmatic problem solving. The team needs people who are able to take initiative, and help troubleshoot and debug our software stack - our environment thrives on the ability to communicate complex problems in a simple form to team members, stakeholders and all the way through to users of the system.
We are hiring a Lead Developer – Software Analyst, for our Bangalore services and technology solutions team. You will lead a team of analyst, helping to improve our software development support process. Engaging directly with artists and production teams from around the globe, providing technical solutions, establishing best practices, and working collaboratively to resolve critical issues. As part of our development team you will help assist us in delivering award-winning technical solutions to creative challenges, for some of the most widely recognized movies in production today.
This position will oversee and manage the daily operational performance of our services and technology solutions team, provide regular quality feedback and management of the overall support process. This person will be also responsible for short and long-term performance management of the team, written performance reviews, setting individual goals, and career planning.
You will communicate with global engineers and managers about production issues, and manage the escalation and incident process. Additionally, you will provide worldwide issue activity data to development and show team stakeholders.
This role requires a high level of professional communication to all stakeholders, and requires you to possess a strong development background, with the ability to understand complex software issues. This will enable you to review, coach and assist with fixes and development changes made within this team.
Skills and Experience:
· BS or MS degree and at least 5 years’ experience in software development, or a related field
· 3-5 years managing a Service-Oriented team
· Knowledge of Python
· Excellent English oral/written communication and customer-service skills
· Able to work as part of a global team
· Ability to work in a flexible and changing environment
· Ability to maintain composure and focus in stressful situations
· Superior time management and multi-tasking skills
· Experienced with knowledge-base systems, help desk metrics, KPI's, and critical team metrics
· Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
· Experience with Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
· Understanding of Agile methodologies and Scrum framework
· Positive attitude towards learning and inspiring others
· Excellent attention to detail, and ability to analyze complex problems and workflows
· Deadline orientated and ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application - please apply online.