- Montreal, QC, Canada
MPC Film is a world leading Visual effects studio, working on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies truly mind-blowing. We’re the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Jungle Book, Blade Runner 2049, The Justice League, X-men series, Harry Potter series to name a few. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in Montreal, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
This role covers the Production Accounting for MPC Montreal facility along with the Financial control and Senior Management Support. Reporting into the Film and TV Canada Financial Controller.
Financial Controlling Remit:
- Participate in annual budget process and work closely with Film and TV Canada Financial Controller and Head of Studio or MPC Montreal to respect the financial objectives
- Prepare the monthly forecast process
- Analyze month end and provide variance analysis on actual
- Internal Audit: Ensures that internal controls are in accordance with the company's policies and procedures and ensures their effectiveness
- Analyze and develop performance indicators, makes recommendations to the management team and implements them once approved
- Responsible for Cash Forecasting
- Ensure we have sufficient hedges to cover our current projects and CO
- Approve Coupa and ECM requests as per approval chain
- Approve BPC and EJR that are In Budget
- Work closely with the FSSC in Mexico to increase the quality of the service they provide us while ensuring they provide all the necessary support (GL and AP team) to maintain accurate numbers, reconcile SAP to BW to Magnitude, update BS reconciliation, IG transactions, re-valuation entries.
- Ensure information received from the FSSC senior analyst in Mexico for the Management Accounts is complete and accurate
- Perform cost analysis of films using existing tool-set.
- Support producers in preparing detailed cost estimates for the run of the films.
- Provide Analysis to the Executive Producer and General Manager on the profitability of each show, and provide insight into opportunities and risks
- Controlling, recording and reconciling costs to ensure cost control and preparing regular costs and progress reports for management.
- Month end duties
- Providing analysis to Producers on opportunities and risks with changes to shows
- Report, forecast and analyze all future revenues and film projects.
- Liaise with senior management to develop new systems for monitoring and controlling all costs on film jobs.
- Capturing and maintaining large data documents
- Provide ad-hoc administrative support to film production department.
- Produce regular cost projection reports and analysis on all film projects.
- Providing detailed cost analysis on expenditure with in the Film department.
- Building and maintaining data sheets for use by various departments across the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, with a CPA designation preferred
- Proficient in IFRS and CANADIAN GAAP (this is non negotiable)
- 2-3 years in a Big 4 firm
- Proven experience in preparation and validation of month-end reports and/or financial statements
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; including strong presentation skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Sumifs etc.) and abilities to create and work in complex financial models
- VFX industry knowledge is an asset, but not required
- Highly committed, passionate and able to lead and inspire a team.
- Positive attitude towards learning about technology and the industry, sharing and mentoring.
- Well organized, with an excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.