- Vancouver, BC, Canada
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in Vancouver, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
Under the direct guidance and supervision of the Head of Systems, the Systems Support is responsible for executing and delivering a variety of tasks assigned. This is a temporary position for 3 months.
· Set up, move and install workstations to meet production requirements
· Troubleshoot, repair and RMA workstation hardware
· Calibrate artist monitors
· Provide general help to other members of the Systems team
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of Systems
· Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware/software/network issues
Skills and Experience
· Basic knowledge of Windows and Mac including installation and configuration
· Basic knowledge of servers, networking, storage and render systems for trouble shooting purposes
Programming or scripting experience is an asset
·1-2 years of experience working with IT infrastructure in a media or high performance computing environment an asset
· Excellent communication and problem solving skills
· Ability to take directions
· Ability to prioritize workload and respond quickly to critical issues
· Ability to work under pressure
· Strong attention to detail
· Self-motivated, adaptable and proactive
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
· A keen interest in computer systems technology with the ambition to increase skills and knowledge