VFX Production Assistant
- Montreal, QC, Canada
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
Mr. X is looking for a highly motivated VFX Production Assistant to join our Montreal studio’s production team. A great entry level position for someone who is eager to learn all areas of a VFX pipeline and production (from development, to on-set, to post-production).
· Updating VFX shot databases, maintaining current show paperwork, updating weekly production schedules.
· Attending daily review sessions, accurate data entry, taking notes, providing on-set support, and following-up on action items as required.
· Assisting with media I/O (Input/output), media encoding/transcoding, and editorial tasks as required.
· Researching stock footage, movie reference, and other elements required for visual effects work.
· Other duties which may fall outside of typical assistant task, such as general personal tasks (client services, lunch and coffee runs.)
· Technical proficiency - you are comfortable in Windows, OS X, and Linux operating systems. Comfortable using a command line and learning new software tools. Able to liaise with the software development team to suggest improvements and efficiencies in workflows (including filing bug reports, offering feedback on existing tools & processes, and making suggestions for new tools & processes.)
· Problem solving - you enjoy taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions.
· Communication - you have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as active listening skills, and you are confident and enthusiastic whether communicating in person and/or over the phone with clients and/or colleagues.
· Time-management - you have the ability to prioritize workloads, work well under pressure, and meet deadlines.
· You enjoy working in a fast paced, creative environment.
· A passion for film - you have an interest in the business and craft of filmmaking and are interested in gaining further experience.
· Post-secondary diploma/degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Industry experience in film production desired, but not required.
· Familiarity with filmmaking, 3D/2D VFX production software packages, or software development are an asset.
· Excellent computer skills - especially in Microsoft Excel
· Previous on-set and/or VFX experience is a definite asset.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.