- Montreal, QC, Canada
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
- Work as part of the film production team to implement viable digital production/vfx solutions for feature films and high concept TV shows
- Build and maintain professional relationships with clients
- Develop, implement, and oversee project plans and delivery schedules to ensure both internal and client deadlines are met
- Anticipate artist and production bottlenecks before they happen
- Propose new and efficient ways to improve production workflow at Mr. X
- Oversee turnovers, outputs and client deliveries - ensuring the highest level of quality control
Track all project costs and issue weekly and monthly cost-reports
Issue weekly internal and client progress reports
- Develop new business from local and alternative feature film markets
- Work closely with the VFX Supervisor to create accurate bids & change orders
- Communicate with producers, coordinators, creative and technical leads regarding directives and production requirements of specific projects
- Make strategic recommendations relating to staffing, company workflow and procedures as well as overall company direction.
- A passion for film - a keen interest in the business of film making and working within a team;
- Exceptional people skills;
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, willingness and ability to learn new skills & technologies;
- Strong time-management skills, the ability to prioritize workload combined with a sense of urgency, work well under pressure and meet multiple critical deadlines daily;
- Must have strong planning and organizational skills; be confident and enthusiastic when communicating in person and/or over the phone; and enjoys working in a fast-paced creative team environment;
- Must have exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal), as well as active listening skills
- A pro-active nature with a strong display of ''Can do'', and ''No job is too small or too big'' attitude;
- Technical proficiency in Windows operating system
- Must have Expert knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel, Shotgun, FileMaker and to learn proprietary studio tools quickly and effectively
- The candidate must have the ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are critical
- 3D and/or on-set production experience is a plus
All applicants must include a cover letter and resume with their application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.