Head of Workforce Planning
- Montreal, QC, Canada
MPC is a leading player in VFX, partnering with global names in film, and responsible for creating some of the phenomenal affects for legendary titles such as Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, X Men series and The Martian. We have studios all over the globe with teams of creative experts and cutting edge digital knowhow.
The resourcing function is responsible for allocating people, seating and machine resources to current and future projects. As the Head of Workforce Planning you will not only oversee the management of short term resourcing requirements across the studio location that you support locally, but also collaborate across all 5 global studio locations to ensure that analyzing budgets, risks, skillsets, utilization rates etc, is carried out holistically across the business as a whole.
Your insights, scenario planning, predictive analysis and strategic approach will ensure that MPC is able to plan its resource strategically in order to support production and the growth of the business.
· Map resources for your local facility and in collaboration with other global MPC locations, advise on cost efficiencies and identify financial and production risks.
· Anticipate future capability and capacity requirements and advise on associated risks and plan accordingly to futureproof the business
· Oversee all the deployment of resource; maximizing productivity and capacity effectiveness
· Strategically plan for Resources to be available, ensure the utilization of all resources is optimized on a global level and reduce unnecessary spends.
· Oversee the effective process of approving or extending resources, including forecasting, to ensure HR and Recruitment can support the requirements; where necessary and manage additional resourcing budgets effectively.
· Work with the Talent Team to pipeline external resources and identify skills gaps with existing workforce
· Analyze data and provide solutions for the short and long term that ensure MPC resource is tracking at, or close to zero variance to requirement
· Develop and run Excel models to track deployment of resource and utilization, ensuring scenario capability is developed
· Become and expert user and evangelist of the software proprietary scheduling system
· Key outputs:
- Headcount growth forecasting
- Scenario planning based on business inputs
- Facility requirements forecasting and deployment
- Hiring requirements forecasting
- Reporting and analysis as required
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, global environment
· Ability to work effectively under pressure, with a strong sense of urgency to achieve results
· Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Strong numerical analysis/interpretation skills
· Postgraduate degree in Business, Finance/Accounting or related field
· Minimum 7-8 years relevant work experience
· Experience of Scheduling or Workforce Planning systems
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (Macros, VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, etc..) and abilities to create and work in complex financial models
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.