Character Creature Artist
- Toronto, ON, Canada
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
- Perform tasks such as 3D modeling, texturing and lookdev using reference material as it pertains to character development.
- Work closely with the animators and riggers to develop a character's look.
- Engage at every stage of production including generating original concepts and designs, pre-visualization of complicated sequences and research and development.
- Working closely with CG Supervisors to determine best approach to solve technical challenges and develop final look.
- A strong understanding of artistic anatomy and form, both human and creature.
- An understanding, and knowledge of, tool sets available for digital character creation. ie: Cloth Systems, Muscle Systems, Hair Systems, Subsurface Shading, FACS Blendshapes, etc.
- Ability to deliver a model with clean topology and strong UV layout skills for texturing.
- A full working knowledge of modeling in Maya is required.
- Ability to work with ZBrush and/or Mudbox.
- Ability to work with 3D scan data.
- Substance and Mari experience preferred.
- Renderman and Redshift experience preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of lighting techniques is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Houdini would be an advantage.
- 3+ years of experience Modeling for Feature Films is required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.