Matte Painting Supervisor
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Who’s ready? Mikros Animation Montréal is working on the new SpongeBob SquarePants movie. MIkros Montreal are looking for a Matte Painting Supervisor to join our incredibly talented team!
The Matte Painting Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of artists and ensuring their work respects the highest quality standards and production schedule. Led by the CG and Technical Animation Supervisors, the Matte Painting Supervisor is responsible for implementing the best technical approaches to create stunning visual effects.
- Supervise the Matte Painting team (3 artists) and ensure a high quality of work.
- Work with production coordinators to divide and assign shots to the team according to the inventory.
- Implement and deliver technical solutions in collaboration with the Environment Supervisor.
- Train and guide the Matte Painting team, promoting collaboration and team spirit.
- Be accountable for retakes and ensure their follow-up.
- Be in direct contact with R&D.
- Respect the quotas set by production.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Proven experience in leading a team of artists as Lead or Matte Painting Supervisor
- A strong technical background is essential.
- Highest proficiency in Nuke and Photoshop.
- Strong knowledge in Maya is required.
- Thorough understanding of 3D and animation movies production pipeline.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Being proactive and able to adapt is extremely important.
- Bilingual and excellent communication skills (French and English).
- Knowledge of Python is a plus.