Production Coordinator (Mikros Animation)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Part of the Mikros company and the Technicolor group, Mikros Animation's studios are dedicated to high-end CG Animation for feature films and episodic.
Galvanized by a proven track record, the teams in Paris, Montreal and London are working on their 9th feature film. The diversity, richness and ambition of contents go hand in hand with a collaborative and creative atmosphere where talent can best develop.
Who’s ready? Mikros Animation Montréal is working on the new SpongeBob SquarePants movie. We are looking for production coordinators to join our incredibly talented team! Reporting directly to the Line Producer and Production Manager and in direct contact with the department supervisor, the coordinator is a key resource person for the production as he/she acts as a link between all the artists and the production.
- Maintain and update the department’s schedule in-line with global schedule/milestones.
- Fill the Weekly Target document from the department schedule
- Keep artists and supervisors up to date with schedule changes/updates to production – client notes, shot changes, modifications – and evaluate impact on current work/Schedule.
- Work with the supervisors to problem solve issues with the department which may affect the schedule.
- Work with the producers and Supervisors to evaluate artists’ targets, quotas and objectives. Ensuring all Artists are aware of daily/Weekly Targets.
- Daily approval of teams timelogs and Track them ⇒ Time Spent Relative to time budgeted
- Update and maintain shot / asset statuses
- Daily update start and end dates and artist targets in shotgun
- Fill and update assets bids accordingly to client’s notes.
- Responsible to hit shots quotas or to fit into the assets Allowances
- Ensuring Shotgun is fully maintained to manage flow of information and transfer of information/work between upstream and downstream departments.
- To ensure that the upstream department is delivering on time or anticipate any delays.
- Always follow up with downstream departments to ensure they have received the correct information/deliveries from your department.
- Organize, attend, and manage dailies and review meetings, take notes and upload to shotgun. Distribute to department crew and relevant production/Sups accordingly.
- Hold Rounds to ensure that the artists have all the necessary information/assets to hit milestones.
- Prepare the Review Agenda the day before the review and send it to the client
- Fill the Weekly Report / Anticipate potential problems and production delays and alert producers/supervisors accordingly.
- Quotas weekly report to line Producers / Production manager
- Production coordinator experience, ideally in feature animation
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail, with very strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage conflicts
- Proven scheduling experience
- Being able to work well in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Soft skills: Team-player, energetic, proactive, outgoing and involved
- Advance knowledge of Shogun software and Excel preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.