- Montreal, QC, Canada
Part of the Mikros company and the Technicolor group, Mikros Animation's studios are dedicated to high-end CG Animation for feature films and episodic.
Galvanized by a proven track record, the teams in Paris, Montreal and London are working on their 9th feature film. The diversity, richness and ambition of contents go hand in hand with a collaborative and creative atmosphere where talent can best develop.
Who’s ready? Mikros Animation Montréal is now in production on the new SpongeBob SquarePants movie. We are looking for a CFX Supervisor to join our team of incredible talents!
The CFX Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of artists and ensuring their work respects the highest quality standards and production’s schedule. A strong technical background is also essential. Under the supervision of the CG and Technical Animation Supervisors, the CFX Supervisor is responsible for implementing the best technical approaches to create stunning visual effects.
- Supervise the CFX team (3 artists) and ensure the quality of the work out of the department.
- Work with production coordinators to schedule the team.
- Implement and deliver technical solutions, in collaboration with the Technical Animation Supervisor and the Hair Lead.
- Train and guide the CFX team, promoting collaboration and team spirit within the department.
- Be accountable for the retakes and ensure their follow-up.
- Be in direct contact with R&D.
- Respect the quotas set by production.
- Proven experience in leading a team of CFX artists.
- Strong knowledge of Maya is essential.
- Thorough understanding of 3D and animation movies production pipeline.
- Good knowledge of nCloth et nHair.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Being proactive and able to adapt is extremely important.
- Good communication skills (French and English).
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Knowledge of Python and Houdini, a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.