- Montreal, QC, Canada
Part of the Mikros company and the Technicolor group, Mikros Animation's studios are dedicated to high-end CG Animation for feature films and episodic.
Galvanized by a proven track record, the teams in Paris, Montreal and London are working on their 9th feature film. The diversity, richness and ambition of contents go hand in hand with a collaborative and creative atmosphere where talent can best develop.
We are looking for an FX Supervisor to join our incredibly talented team!
The supervisor is responsible for leading a team of FX Artists in the creation and execution of effects such as particle systems, fluids, dust, destruction, smoke, fire, cloth and simulations.
- Supervise the Effects team by giving aesthetic, methodological and technical advice
- Ensure the effects respect time and budget constraints, as well quality levels and standards requested by the CG Supervisor, Director and Art Director
- Address technical issues, identify best practices and approaches as needed
- Work closely with production to ensure the effects are delivered on time
- Work closely with the CG Supervisor, Director and Animation Director to meet visual requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Graphics or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years’ production experience and 2+ years’ experience in a leadership role
- Expert in Houdini, Maya, Real Flow and Arnold
- Good knowledge in Python
- Strong knowledge of effects techniques such as particle systems, scattering tools, smoke, fire, dust, explosions and fluids
- Proficient skills in technical problem solving
- Experience in full CG feature films is a strong asset
- Leadership and strong communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
- Ability to work from Art direction and have creative input
- Knowledge of Katana would be a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.