- Montreal, QC, Canada
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide - Australia, Bangalore - India, and Montreal - Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at heart of Mill Film's culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground-breaking productions.
Mill Film builds inclusion and diversity into the foundation of the studio. We believe that inclusion and diversity are the solution to delivering excellence in creative VFX for our clients. We foster a culture of respectful candor. where artists, production and technologists come together to build a talent community devoted to realizing industry leading VFX solutions for feature and episodic content for major Studios.
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure and Operations Montreal, the Systems Administrator is responsible for delivering and executing a variety of tasks assigned.
This is an exciting and challenging role that requires a superb client-service orientation mindset to support across multiple sites within a global organization. You are able to communicate and deal effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders at various levels of the organization. You are a self-starter, able to deliver on services under pressure all the while being poised. You embrace diversity, are inclusive and culturally competent.
You have a background in creative industries (media, creative) or HPC environments, 2-3 years working with IT infrastructures along with a degree in a technical discipline.
Mill Film has a legacy which includes and Academy Award for Visual Effects, we set the creative bar high and work hard to deliver creative excellence alongside building inclusion and diversity into the fabric of our studio.
- Responsible for the health and operations of local network, storage and systems
- Administer and manage high performance storage platforms and systems
- Administer Windows and Linux based servers
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues through thorough technical understanding of large scale networking and routing
- Communicate with multiple global technology support teams on a daily basis
- Proactively use monitoring tools to forecast technology areas requiring attention on a daily basis
- Identify and remediate storage and network bottlenecks, infrastructure-wide
- Ensure the timely and successful completion of all data backups
- Manage the data center power and cooling systems
- Communicate with operations staff surrounding technology issues
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent background in both Linux (RHEL/CentOS preferred), Mac and Windows server administration
- In-depth knowledge and experience with networking, switch management and services (DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, etc.)
- Knowledge of IP networks, subnets and routing
- Experience in shell scripting
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange and VMware
- 2-3 years of experience working with IT infrastructure in a media or high-performance computing environment
- Degree in a technical discipline is an asset
- Excellent communication
- Problem solving skills (using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems)
- Capability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to take directions
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Ability to manage a time-sensitive workload with an urgent and extremely organized manner
- Inclusive and culturally aware and competent