3D Animator (Mikros Animation)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Part of the Mikros company and the Technicolor group, Mikros Animation's studios are dedicated to high-end CG Animation for feature films and episodic.
Galvanized by a proven track record, the teams in Paris, Montreal and London are working on their 9th feature film. The diversity, richness and ambition of contents go hand in hand with a collaborative and creative atmosphere where talent can best develop.
Who’s ready? Mikros Animation Montréal is now in production on the new SpongeBob SquarePants movie. We’re looking for animators to help up bring Bikini Bottom to life!
Mikros Animation is looking for 3D Character Animators with experience and knowledge of the principles of character animation along with 2D animation sensibilities to join our growing team to create fun and stylized work. In our fast-paced studio, we are committed to creating high quality animation and great performances. Candidates will thrive as part of our team under the direction of the Animation Supervisor and Leads aiming together to achieve the film Director’s vision. As 2D animation principals will take a front seat in our current production, an adaptability to translate 2D concepts to a 3D world is important. Entries in the department will be made between February and spring 2019.
Your primary responsibility will be the animation and performances of all assigned characters and props. We are looking for artists with a strong sense of design, an aptitude for facial animation and lip sync while maintaining strong fundamentals in weight, cartoony animation concepts as well as body mechanics.
- Work with the storyboard / animatic / layout and create feature level, key-framed animation;
- Working in continuity with shot before and after;
- Work with animation quotas given by the production;
- Work closely with Animation Leads and Director to bring the film to life;
- Prepare elements for presentation in dailies and rounds for approval;
- Actively participate in creating and maintaining the animation library.
- College diploma or equivalent in 3D computer graphics/3D animation;
- More than 3 years (Mid) or more than 5 years (seniors) of proven work experience in 3D animation using MAYA in a film production/animated TV series;
- A strong background in feature CG character animation,2D animation and drawing / design skills,a plus;
- Strong understanding of the principles of 2D cartoony animation as well posing, timing, weight and facial expressions;
- Ability to understand and effectively interpret a storyboard and the Director’s feedback;
- Ability to work within an established pipeline and learn to use custom tools;
- Knowledge of RV and Shotgun useful;
- An eye for whacky, cartoony animation, being ok with bending and breaking animation rules;
- A Teamplayer and has excellent communication skills;
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.