Lighting Artist (Mikros Animation)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Part of the Mikros company and the Technicolor group, Mikros Animation's studios are dedicated to high-end CG Animation for feature films and episodic.
Galvanized by a proven track record, the teams in Paris, Montreal and London are working on their 9th feature film. The diversity, richness and ambition of contents go hand in hand with a collaborative and creative atmosphere where talent can best develop.
We are looking for lighting artists to join our incredibly talented team! The department ramp up will go from March to October 2019.
Respecting the incredible artistic identity of the well-known SpongeBob SquarePants show, each artist will be responsible for lighting and rendering plans assigned by the CG Sup, Lighting Sup, and production directors.
Your main tasks will be
- Provide strong artistic and technical expertise
- Address artisitic notes and ensure follow up
- Ensure shots are completed in timely fashion, respecting quotas set by the production team and the supervisor
- Ensure artistic consistency between shots
- Submit shots for reviews and work closely with the team
- Communicate with your Lead and Supervisor
- Experience as Senior / Middle Lighting artist on several feature films (VFX or Animation)
- Good knowledge of Katana and Arnold required
- Knowledge of Nuke and Shotgun recommended
- Knowledge of Python scripting a plus
- Be a force for proposal, adaptation and motivation
- Demonstrate proposal initiative, adaptation, and motivation
- Strong rigour, autonomy and organizational skills
- Basic English skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.