Look Dev Artist (Mikros Animation)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Part of the Mikros company and the Technicolor group, Mikros Animation's studios are dedicated to high-end CG Animation for feature films and episodic.
Galvanized by a proven track record, the teams in Paris, Montreal and London are working on their 9th feature film. The diversity, richness and ambition of contents go hand in hand with a collaborative and creative atmosphere where talent can best develop.
We are looking for a Look Dev Artist to join our incredibly talented team!
The Look Development Artist will partake in the creation of the look of the movie led by the Look Development Supervisor. He/she will rely on superior technical competencies and strong aesthetic judgement to create high quality images matching the style of the film.
Your main tasks will be:
- Finalize the look of props and sets and propose nuance changes to achieve the desired look for production
- Create shading networks for specific assets
- Work closely with appropriate Leads and Supervisors, especially with the Texturing Department, to ensure compliance and consistency in assets
- +2 years in Look Dev with knowledge of full CG feature film
- Excellent understanding of light, colour, textures and materials
- Strong command of Katana and Arnold (or equivalent)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Curiosity and interest for technical challenges
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.