Apprentice Film Runner
- London, UK
MPC is a leading player in VFX, responsible for creating some of the phenomenal effects for legendary titles such as The Jungle Book, Blade Runner 2049 and the X Men series. We have studios all over the globe with teams of creative experts and cutting edge digital knowhow.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
MPC Apprentice Film Runners are key members of our support teams who are responsible for helping ensure the smooth running of our Studios. Being a Runner at MPC is a great place to get started in VFX. If you have a passion for visual effects and are looking for your first opportunity in the industry then apply today.
MPC is a keen investor in talent & promoting within, joining our amazing production teams who provide the backbone to our VFX Studios in terms of driving through our blockbuster film projects on time and on budget is a likely route, although we have many different avenues available for our runners to pursue & will always keep you a the front of our minds when opportunities arise.
What is the role?
The Runner role at MPC is a varied, demanding yet rewarding position. No two days are the same, as you will be required to provide support in a buzzing and creative Studio environment. You'll get to know every inch of our Studio as you'll be constantly on the go which means you'll get a unique insight into how everything works as well as getting to know a wide cross-section of the staff that make up our Studio team.
- Providing a first-class hospitality service for our client visits
- Ensuring kitchen, communal areas, screening & meeting rooms are clean and tidy
- Organizing staff meals when necessary
- Supporting the production teams with ad hoc tasks
What we are looking for?
- GCSE Maths and English at grades "C" or above
- As this is an Apprenticeship unfortunately those with a university degree are not eligible
- A friendly, enthusiastic, quick thinker who is able to use their initiative.
- Someone who is happy to roll up their sleeves up and work hard, juggle multiple tasks and get things done quickly and efficiently.
- A working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet softwares (e.g. word, excel).
- Knowledge of visual effects would be good but not essential.
- Able to work shifts and availability for weekend work as required.
At MPC we believe we have a responsibility to do more for our runners then simply provide a foot in the door. That’s why we have partnered with a government lead apprenticeship scheme with the aim to provide training & support to improve your business skills & give you the tools you need to be successful in your career.
Upon completing this course you will gain a Business Level 3 Apprenticeship standard.
Whilst we may not have a suitable vacancy within our Running team at the time you apply we will ensure that we keep in touch for future opportunities.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.