Head of Department, Finishing
- Adelaide SA, Australia
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide - Australia, Bangalore - India and Montreal - Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film’s culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground breaking productions.
Reporting to the Managing Director, and working in tandem with the Department Manager, you are responsible for day-to-day operations and long-term strategic management of the Finishing department.
This is an exciting opportunity and challenge which will require you to formulate and articulate a vision and goals for your team while aligning with the greater Mill Film vision and goals. You are a coach and mentor; you set a positive tone and are a role-model. You have flair with matching shot teams and projects and concurrently drive your team to meet production deadlines, budgets and high quality. You will flourish by navigating multiple stakeholders across multiple-sites. You are deliberate about diversity and mindfully inclusive.
Mill Film has a legacy in the Post Production, Digital and Visual Effects film industry, which includes an Academy Award for Visual Effects. We set the creative bar high and we are looking for someone who will work hard to deliver creative excellence alongside building inclusion and diversity into the fabric of our studio.
- 6-7 years of proven leadership experience in a leading VFX company or associated industry
- Strong ability to conceive and develop ideas
- Demonstrated creative ability and flair
- Ability to complete shot work when required, and lead by example
- Proven ability of assisting other artists, departments and supervisors to solve issues as they arise during production and delegating work where necessary
- Experience in various VFX departments, such as compositing, FX and lighting
- Experience and knowledge of the latest industry technology, and the ability to apply industry techniques creatively in order to complete work to a high standard
Mill Film builds inclusion and diversity into the foundation of the studio. We believe that inclusion and diversity are the solution to delivering excellence in creative VFX for our clients. We foster a culture of respectful candour, where artists, production and technologists come together to build a talent community devoted to realising industry leading VFX solutions for feature and episodic content for major Studios.