- Montreal, QC, Canada
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide- Australia, Bangalore- India and Montreal- Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film’s culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground-breaking productions.
Mill Film builds inclusion and diversity into the foundation of the studio. We believe that inclusion and diversity are the solution to delivering excellence in creative VFX for our clients. We foster a culture of respectful candor, where artists, production and technologists come together to build a talent community devoted to realizing industry leading VFX solutions for feature and episodic content for major Studios.
Environment team are responsible for creating 3D hard surface models which artistically meet the brief but also technically meet the needs of other departments. If you have a passion for hard surface modelling and can use Maya then we want to hear from you, whether you've just graduated, are looking for new challenges or are used to leading teams - all levels are welcome!
- Modeling high poly, low poly, and texturing assets terrains, buildings, cities and more
- Create high-quality stylized art and high-quality models and textures
- Create models that appropriately capture the feeling of the 3d concept art
You would be an absolute superstar if you also possessed the following skills:
- Previous experience with Linux
- Previous experience in a VFX environment
- Previous education or experience with fine art or design
- Previous experience working from 3D scans
- Previous experience working with scanned reference, photos or other artwork to create textures
- Knowledge of modelling and shading
Whilst we may not have a suitable vacancy within our Environment team at the time you apply we will ensure that we keep in touch for future opportunities. If we do have a position we think would interest you then we will be in touch really soon!