Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- London, UK
MPC Film is a world leading Visual effects studio, working on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies truly mind-blowing. We’re the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like Blade Runner 2049, Wonder Woman and The Jungle Book (www.mpcfilm.com). We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. At MPC our teams are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of film and technology. When you join, you’ll be working with, contributing and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
Based in our Soho offices, the COO has overall responsible for the effective running of global operations whilst driving our ambitions of extensive and sustainable growth of the business.
A key role within the Executive team, you will have the responsibility to oversee implementation of objectives, managing financial and operational risk, drive business performance levels, and ensure all studios and operations are aligned to our global framework and strategy.
Your approach will also inform, support and implement change programmes such as business transformation and organisation redesign, whilst supporting the growth of a corporate culture that fosters a fast learning and continuously improving organisation.
Responsibilities the role has:
Financial and Strategy
· Support financial operations including budgets, forecasts and projections
· Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine progress toward goals and objectives
· Develop strategic plans accounting for financial opportunities; present assumptions; recommend objectives
· Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
· Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc)
Leadership and Culture
· Be a mentor, ambassador and representative of MPC’s culture
· Create partnerships with Exec, Global and Senior management teams to create a globally aligned inclusive and positive culture
· Actively drive and influence people’s behavior and actions to ensure they are aligned with the company values, vision and mission
· Facilitate local and global leaders and ensure management walk the talk
· Unite and drive Global and Senior management team; ensuring there is cohesion between global direction and local application
· Ensure that there is a clear and consistent strategic alignment with Global and Senior management groups to meet objectives
· Encourage maximum performance and dedication from all employees
· Promote communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to curb any problems that arise
· Build an environment in which employees willingly produce maximum work and be their best at work
· Ensure consistent delivery of Initiatives, communication, best working practice, shared learnings and vision on a global basis.
· Build MPC’s image by collaborating with government, community organisations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices
Standards and Operations
· Maintain quality by establishing and enforcing MPC’s standards
· Evaluate and measure effectiveness and efficiency of operational and business processes on a regular basis process and proactively recommend changes in-line with the overall strategy
· Work with Global Head of Facilities on building and lease requirements
· Ensure global facilities are maintained and in good running order
· Coordinate global efforts by establishing procurement, marketing and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with relevant management teams
· Oversee relationships with partners/vendors or project that involve 3rd party vendors
We are looking for:
Professional expertise – A strong working knowledge of running a business within a similar role
Organisational skills – personal efficiency and ability to prioritise competing demands (and those of others) is key
Communication skills – ability to lead global teams, manage diverse personalities and viewpoints; the ability to build relationships and collaborate with others is vital
Commercial acumen – the ability to demonstrate strategic decision-making within the business
Role modelling – demonstrate and lead on the values, initiatives and culture of an organisation
Coaching and mentoring – Whether local senior management, junior colleagues or middle management, you will be proficient in developing skills and bringing people with you
Trust – a trusted confidante and unafraid of giving your opinions and expertise
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.