Compositing Artists (Mid – Senior) (Mikros Animation)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Part of the Mikros company and the Technicolor group, Mikros Animation's studios are dedicated to high-end CG Animation for feature films and episodic.
Galvanized by a proven track record, the teams in Paris, Montreal and London are working on their 9th feature film. The diversity, richness and ambition of contents go hand in hand with a collaborative and creative atmosphere where talent can best develop.
We are looking for senior and intermediate compositing artists to join our incredibly talented team!
The department ramp up will go from March to August 2019.
Following instructions from the Lead and Supervisor, the compositing artist is responsible for ensuring high-quality shots. He/she will integrate 3D scenes respecting technical rules and the artistic vision of the project.
The Compositor is responsible for seamlessly integrating all layers and elements of a shot as well as shot finaling. The Compositor must have a strong artistic eye and be able to effectively communicate with the animation director, team supervisor and art director.
Your main tasks will be:
- Integrate all 3D elements and maintain continuity throughout a sequence using artistic and technical skills
- Perform digital composition tasks at all production stages, including color correction, matte painting, relighting, etc
- Work with Lead and Supervisor to determine creative and technical approaches
- Ensure that the required retakes are considered and follow up
- Meet productivity and quota targets
- Prepare elements for reviews via Shotgun
- Maintain good teamwork and team dynamic
- Compositing experience on 4+ feature films with Nuke (animated feature films preferred)
- Strong knowledge of Nuke
- Excellent artistic, design skills and a good eye for color
- Strong knowledge of Houdini and/or Maya
- Strong knowledge of compositing workflow and application interface
- Able to collaborate, take direction positively, work well within a team, solve technical challenges and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Experience with Katana/ Arnold is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.