Texture and Lookdev
- Toronto, ON, Canada
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
- Create photorealistic backgrounds and environments to match the overall look and feel of the film or video or printed elements.
- Work closely with clients, leads and supervisors to conceptualize and create photographic elements as reference or images for film.
- Combine skills in painting and 3D animation with knowledge of design, photography, and digital modeling to create two-dimensional and three-dimensional images for film.
- Contribute to the visual and technical attributes of the production.
- Skilled in painting photo-real images using photo reference to create the highest quality digital set extensions, skies, elements, and environments.
- Strong traditional art skills including knowledge of color, lighting, perspective, and composition.
- Advanced 2D skills in Photoshop and/or Mari with 3D experience, preferably in Maya.
- Ability to switch and complete work in a wide range of styles within the bid timeframe, while maintaining constant communication with production teams and other CG artists.
- Be a team player open to collaboration, constructive criticism, new ideas and direction and show a thirst for life long learning.
• Expert knowledge of Mari and Substance Painter/Designer,
• A working knowledge of modeling in Maya and Zbrush is required,
• Strong understanding and experience shading within Renderman, Mantra, and Redshift,
• Knowledge of Houdini would be an advantage,
• Experience with Lighting for photoreal CG is a plus,
• Experience with Python scripting a plus,
• 3+ years of experience Texturing and creating Lookdev for Feature Films is required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.