Assets Department Manager
- Toronto, ON, Canada
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
The Assets Department Manager is the leader of a team of talented artists, working to create world-class Creatures, Props and Environments for film and television. They are in charge of the professional development of their team, hiring new artists to meet staffing needs, and ensuring the highest standards and quality are met.
This is a highly collaborative role, acting as a bridge to Supervisors and other Departments, responding to the needs of clients, and helping to continuously push the Assets Department forward.
- Oversee the creation of photoreal 3D assets for feature film and television production
- Assist in casting and scheduling choices across various shows
- Ensure Artist professional development and training
- Publish annual performance reviews and negotiate contracts with assistance from HR
- Collaborate with Supervisors and Pipeline developers to expand upon tools and streamline department workflows
- Coordinate with other Mr. X worldwide locations to ensure training, standardized methods, tools, and quality
- Be a champion for the needs of your team, and keep them moving forward in a positive direction at all times
- 5+ years as a Supervisor in a visual effects role
- Ability to lead, train and motivate a team
- Thorough understanding of Maya, ZBrush, Mari, Substance Painter/Designer
- Familiarity with Houdini a plus
- Strong texturing and lookdev experience working with Mantra, Redshift, and/or Renderman
- Skills with Python a plus
- Knowledge of anatomy and topology concerns
- Excellent verbal and written skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.