Lead Matte Painter (Mikros Animation)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Part of the Mikros company and the Technicolor group, Mikros Animation's studios are dedicated to high-end CG Animation for feature films and episodic.
Galvanized by a proven track record, the teams in Paris, Montreal and London are working on their 9th feature film. The diversity, richness and ambition of contents go hand in hand with a collaborative and creative atmosphere where talent can best develop.
The Lead Matte Painter is responsible for leading a team of artists and ensuring their work respects the highest quality standards and production schedule.
Led by the Matte Painting Supervisor, CG Supervisor and Environment Supervisor, the Lead Matte Painter is also responsible for implementing the best technical approaches to create stunning visual effects.
You main tasks will be;
- Supervise the Matte Painting team (3 artists) and ensure high quality work.
- Work with production coordinators to divide and assign shots to the team according to the inventory.
- Implement and deliver technical solutions in collaboration with the Matte Painting and Environment Supervisors.
- Train and guide the Matte Painting team, promoting collaboration and team spirit.
- Be accountable for retakes and ensure their follow-up.
- Be in direct contact with R&D.
- Respect the quotas set by production.
- Proven experience in leading a team of artists as Lead Matte Painter.
- A strong technical background is essential.
- Highest proficiency in Nuke and Photoshop.
- Strong knowledge in Maya is required.
- Thorough understanding of 3D and animation movies production pipeline.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Being proactive and able to adapt is extremely important.
- Bilingual and excellent communication skills (French and English).
- Knowledge of Python is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.