Senior Systems Administrator
- Adelaide SA, Australia
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide - Australia, Bangalore - India and Montreal - Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film’s culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground breaking productions.
Reporting to the Head of Technology, the Senior System Administrator is responsible for executing and delivering on tasks in a high pressure environment, communicating with a variety of stakeholders at all levels.
This is an opportunity for you to combine your experience in a creative industry (media, creative) or HPC environment, with your experience working in IT infrastructure.
- A degree in a relevant technical discipline.
- Excellent background in both Linux (RHEL/CentOS preferred), Mac and Windows server administration.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with networking, switch management and services (DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, etc.)
- Knowledge of IP networks, subnets and routing.
- Experience in shell scripting.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange and VMware.
- Responsible for the health and operations of local network, storage and system.
- Administer and manage high performance storage platforms and systems.
- Administer Windows and Linux based servers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues through thorough technical understanding of large scale networking and routing.
- Communicate with multiple global technology support teams on a daily basis.
- Proactively use monitoring tools to forecast technology areas requiring attention on a daily basis.
- Identify and remediate storage and network bottlenecks, infrastructure-wide.
- Ensure the timely and successful completion of all data backups.
- Manage the data centre power and cooling systems.
- Communicate with operations staff surrounding technology issues.
Mill Film builds inclusion and diversity into the foundation of the studio. We believe that inclusion and diversity are the solution to delivering excellence in creative VFX for our clients. We foster a culture of respectful candour, where artists, production and technologists come together to build a talent community devoted to realising industry leading VFX solutions for feature and episodic content for major Studios.