Social Media Journalist
- Montreal, QC, Canada
At Technicolor, we unite artistry and creativity with technology and innovation to create extraordinary experiences for audiences everywhere. Our award-winning visual effects studios, MPC Film, Mill Film and MR. X work with the world's most imaginative storytellers, to help create out of this world experiences. With locations that span the globe, our VFX services are tailored to the specific creative and technical needs of each project, with each studio offering its own unique approach to filmmaking.
What will you be doing?
- Keeping on top of trends in the VFX and Filmography world, both internal and external and spotting opportunities for news stories and investigations. You will be an expert in your subject areas of all things Visual Effects, from Animation to Technology and beyond
- Updating guides and writing new content for the monthly newsletter
- Checking accuracy of product details in The Focus recruitment guides, tools and the monthly email, ensuring 100% accuracy and reliability
- Involvement in strategic planning of content
- Contributing to The Focus social media channels
- Build and optimize community management for The Focus social media channels for your respective area
- Engage key target audiences to drive conversion to owned platforms
- Support the global Marketing Manager in organizing and executing local events and activations
- Liaise with key-opinion leaders within VFX industry
What skills and experience do you need?
Ideally, you'll have worked for a consumer-facing publication/website or newspaper before and will have a good knowledge and understanding of the film market in particular.
- Knowledge of Film& TV – VFX industry knowledge would be preferable
- A flair for writing and the ability to bring life to often-complex subjects
- A proven track record working as a journalist
- A passion for being first with stories and bagging exclusives
- To be a stickler for accuracy
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong time management/prioritization skills
- Experience in organizing events and activations
- Analytic thinking, high affinity to data, with ability to translate into new initiatives
- Experience working with Hootsuite, MailChimp, Google Analytics and/or other digital marketing tools
- Familiarity with search engine optimization (SEO)