Lead Lighting (Mikros Animation)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Part of the Mikros company and the Technicolor group, Mikros Animation's studios are dedicated to high-end CG Animation for feature films and episodic.
Galvanized by a proven track record, the teams in Paris, Montreal and London are working on their 9th feature film. The diversity, richness and ambition of contents go hand in hand with a collaborative and creative atmosphere where talent can best develop.
Who’s ready??? Mikros Animation Montreal is working on the new SpongeBob SquarePants movie!
We are looking for a Lead Lighting to join our incredibly talented team!
The position is to be filled for March 2019.
Respecting the incredible artistic identity of the well-known SpongeBob SquarePants show, the Lead Lighting will be responsible for managing his/her team of lighting artists and works closely with the CG Supervisor, Lighting Supervisor and Production Directors.
Your main tasks will be:
- Implement the department’s technical solutions in collaboration with the Lighting Supervisor and the Image CG Supervisor
- Supervise the work of your team (6 artists)
- Distribute and assign plans to artists, in collaboration with the production manager and based on the inventory
- Provide strong artistic and technical expertise
- Address artisitic notes and ensure follow up
- Ensure shots are completed in timely fashion, respecting quotas set by the production team and the supervisor
- Ensure artistic consistency between shots
- Submit shots for reviews and work closely with the team
- Communicate with your Lead and Supervisor
- Proven experience as Lead Lighting or Senior Lighting artist on several feature films (VFX or Animation)
- Good knowledge of Katana and Arnold required
- Knowledge of Nuke and Shotgun recommended
- Knowledge of Python scripting a plus
- Be a force for proposal, adaptation and motivation
- Demonstrate proposal initiative, adaptation, and motivation
- Strong rigour, autonomy and organizational skills
- Basic English skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.