Texture and Lookdev
- Toronto, ON, Canada
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
• Texturing and Look Development for feature films, using a wide range of reference material and tools,
• Work closely with modelers to establish needs and final look for various photoreal CG assets,
• Collaborate with CG Supervisors to determine the best approach to solve shading challenges,
• Create and maintain texture/shading templates for show and studio use,
• Advise and train artists on approved workflows and studio standards, ensuring best practices,
• Problem solve in unique situations and help deliver the highest quality output
• Expert knowledge of Mari and Substance Painter/Designer,
• A working knowledge of modeling in Maya and Zbrush is required,
• Strong understanding and experience shading within Renderman, Mantra, and Redshift,
• Knowledge of Houdini would be an advantage,
• Experience with Lighting for photoreal CG is a plus,
• Experience with Python scripting a plus,
• 3+ years of experience Texturing and creating Lookdev for Feature Films is required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.