Tech runner / messager
- Montreal, QC, Canada
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in Montreal, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Systems Manager, the Technical Runner is responsible for executing and delivering a variety of tasks assigned by the manager. This role is suitable for someone looking for an entry-level role within MPC Systems. They will be encouraged to learn and develop their skills in a supportive environment.
- Provide assistance to the IT department
- Set up, install or relocate hardware and software as required
- Flexible schedule; available to work after regular hours and weekend work can be required
- Ad hoc duties required
Skills and Experience
- Experience with Linux, Mac and PC
- A keen interest in computer hardware and systems technology
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Capability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to work well with internal team members
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to manage time-sensitive workload in an efficient manner
- Understanding of VFX and film an asset
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.