Senior Imaging Engineer
- Montreal, QC, Canada
There is currently a vacancy in the Engineering team for the post of Senior Imaging Engineer at MPC Film, Montreal. The role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology, and specialist digital media colleagues.
The successful candidate will need to work independently and will also collaborate with Imaging engineers located at other MPC Film locations. This is a varied role supporting MPC Film’s colour pipeline and delivering solutions for a range of colour management and image engineering issues.
· Configuration and support for film colour pipelines
· Provide colour-space conversions and LUT generation
· Supporting VFX supervisors and Production staff with colour management related issues
· Communicating directly with our clients, DI facilities, and On-set services for all colour pipeline and Imaging engineering matters
· Responsibility for Digital Cinema projector calibration and support
· Overall responsibility for monitor calibrations
· Work closely with Imaging engineering colleagues at other sites within the Technicolor group
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Understanding of a broad range of imaging technologies and colorimetry for film, video and digital media, including:
- Knowledge of VFX industry colour management solutions
- Knowledge of current and emerging display technologies
- Knowledge of VFX industry image formats
Experience of working in the post production industry in a technical role
Knowledge of ‘digital-film’ cameras and associated colorimetry
Knowledge of digital cinema practices and mastering processes
Knowledge of stereoscopic systems and display technology
Knowledge of HDR
Knowledge of camera raw formats
Knowledge of ACES
Knowledge of OCIO
An interest in developing relevant skills and progress within this area.
Ability to learn quickly and think on your feet
Excellent communication and team working skills
Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to solve problems
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.