- Montreal, QC, Canada
There is currently a vacancy in the Engineering team for the post of Senior Imaging Engineer at MPC Film, Montreal. The role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology, and specialist digital media colleagues.
The successful candidate will need to work independently and will also collaborate with Imaging engineers located at other MPC Film locations. This is a varied role supporting MPC Film’s colour pipeline and delivering solutions for a range of colour management and image engineering issues.
- Configuration and support for film colour pipelines
- Provide colour-space conversions and LUT generation
- Supporting VFX supervisors and Production staff with colour management related issues
- Communicating directly with our clients, DI facilities, and On-set services for all colour pipeline and Imaging engineering matters
- Responsibility for Digital Cinema projector calibration and support
- Overall responsibility for monitor calibrations
- Work closely with Imaging engineering colleagues at other sites within the Technicolor group
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Understanding of a broad range of imaging technologies and colorimetry for film, video and digital media, including:
- Knowledge of VFX industry color management solutions
- Knowledge of current and emerging display technologies
- Knowledge of VFX industry image formats
- Experience of working in the post production industry in a technical role
- Knowledge of ‘digital-film’ cameras and associated colorimetry
- Knowledge of digital cinema practices and mastering processes
- Knowledge of stereoscopic systems and display technology
- Knowledge of HDR
- Knowledge of camera raw formats
- Knowledge of ACES
- Knowledge of OCIO
- An interest in developing relevant skills and progress within this area.
- Ability to learn quickly and think on your feet
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to solve problems
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.