- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
MPC is a leading player in VFX and responsible for creating some of the phenomenal affects for legendary titles such as Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, and the X Men series. We have studios all over the globe with teams of creative experts and cutting edge digital knowhow.
The Department Assistant (DA) is responsible for supporting the Department Manager (DM) in their function as the people manager within the assigned department. The DA helps to ensure department operations are continuous, efficient and documented while contributing to the timely and efficient completion of shows.
The DA will also contribute to the long-term success of the department, they will support the DM in effectively managing their teams.
· People management
o Support the DM’s running of department meetings by assisting with departmental, local studio and global (where relevant) information
o Assist with review of timesheets, reporting artist’s presence at the studio (logging of hours, time off, vacations and sickness)
o Assist with reporting process for department overtime and TOIL requests
o Send daily sick/late emails
o Provide ad-hoc assistant to the Department Manager
- Team Set Up and Management
o Sourcing of production items and materials in support of the artist’s work stations
o Check and request OT meals for the department
· Hiring Management
o Assist with setting up candidate interviews where appropriate
o Day to day resource management for the department, working with the DM to make sure the team has everything it needs to work effectively
o Assistance with sync queue management
- Engagement and Proposition
- Champion a positive and creative culture of high performance, supporting the brand as a global industry leader in visual effects
- Assist with reward and recognition activities
- Work with the DM to adopt, embed and roll out company initiatives within the department
- Assist with the management of new starters ensuring a positive experience into the studio and department
- Strong project management skills and a sensitivity towards deadline related deliveries
- Organisational skills – personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands are key
- Communication skills – ability to work within a team, cooperating with diverse personalities and viewpoints; the ability to build relationships and collaborate with others is vital
- Role modelling – demonstrate and lead on the values, initiatives and culture of an organisation
- Trust – a trusted confidante on department issues
- Detail orientated, highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment with challenging deadlines
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.