Junior Systems Administrator
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Mr.X is an award-winning visual effects studio that thrives on crafting creative solutions to seemingly-impossible scripted moments in film and television. We’re made up of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date.
We are looking for a Junior Systems Administrator to join our growing team in Toronto.
- Provide hardware and software desktop support to artists and production; responding to technical requests to assist in maintaining productions, Install, upgrade and move systems in a timely manner;
- Installation, configuring and support of operating systems across Mr. X, Monitor calibrations;
- Maintenance of workstations when required. Assist in maintenance of render farm, other similar 'fire fighting' duties in Systems department as required;
- Some heavy lifting of systems, and assisting with moving servers and other IT equipment required
- Experience with Linux (We use CentOS!), Windows 7, 10 and/or OS X;
- Strong ability to understand issues as they arise and assist in troubleshooting;
- Basic understanding of networking and associated protocols/applications (DNS, DHCP, PXE)
- A strong desire to learn new skills and technology
- Ability to work within our team and also as a person who can work independently
- Experience in scripting, programming of any kind and/or automation framework (like Puppet)
- Fluent in French and English
- Understanding of the Python programming language;
- Previous experience in a Junior IT position in VFX or related areas;
- Understanding of applications used
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of film visual effects. If you are interested please apply online.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.