Partenaire d'affaire RH senior / Senior HR Business Partner
- Montreal, QC, Canada
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in Montreal, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
The Senior Talent Manager (HR Advisor) provides high-level support and advice to artists and managers and partners closely with members of the Management and Senior Management team in a true business partner approach. The Senior Talent Manager has direct responsibility of all the HR related aspects to ensure an integrated, progressive, proactive and flexible, yet consistent approach within a Studio. Reporting to the Head of HR, this role is the second in command and will collaborate on company initiatives and is key to day-to-day implementation of local policies and practices in departments and the wider business.
Management and Leadership Development
- Partner with Department Manager, Heads of Department (HODs), Management and Senior Management to coach and guide in talent attraction, retention and development, contract and policy application, performance management, training and development, and compensation practices.
- Support the development of the Department Manager and wider management group to reinforce company culture, instill values, and create a sustainable leadership and management team.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring that management and Senior Management understand and adhere to the boundaries, policies and processes in which we operate. Including, broadening their understanding of the employment relationship whilst balancing it with the risks and operational demand.
- Partner with management and senior management to ensure that messaging and communications with individuals and teams is reflective of the business strategies and culture.
- Facilitate and deliver internal training sessions for the development of management
- Manage high volume cycle of artists’ contracts ending/renewals; reviewing contract end dates in the context of changing work demands and crewing options with management in order to communicate changes to artists in a global environment.
- Oversee and manage large scale downtime/redundancy planning and management, including assessing the risks associated with individuals, team and wider business
- Work alongside studio production to ensure appropriate scheduling as a whole is in line with local legal requirements
- Oversee immigration and right to work management in the context of talent planning
- Support a high volume of international employees
- Support the Head of HR in driving the implementation of identifying and retaining talent as well as skill gaps and high potential employee across the studio. Ensure teams have the right employees in the right place at the right time;
- Define development and succession planning opportunities. Employ feedback mechanisms across the studio to help better manage large dynamic and high performance teams.
- Identify high performers and successors to key positions across the studio to make sure we have flexible teams.
- Help the Head of HR to drive the need to evaluate performance and development of teams to ensure talent is managed in a consistent and measurable way so that everyone is aligned, accountable, and paid fairly.
- Create, support, present and implement talent retention plans
- Responsibility in supporting the Head of HR to manage department labour budgets across the studio
- Support the Head of HR in managing the IDL budget
- Working with the Head of HR on the management of salary planning for teams ensuring budgets are used effectively and fairly
- Support the Head of HR to ensure the Studio understands and adheres to compensation policies
- Annual Pay review and benchmarking management
- Run compensation analytics across the studio and devise plans accordingly
- Promotion management
- Support the Head of HR on the management of the local HR team, including the development of more junior members of the team
- Work alongside Head of HR to ensure HR Service Centre administers consistently and effectively for areas of responsibility in accordance with relevant KPIs
Project and initiative management
- Work with the Head of HR to lead and champion the implementation of key Talent initiatives, legislative changes and projects for the local studio
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships by building trust and accountability to establish partnerships with management and artists.
- Provide high level ER advice and support, including performance management, formal processes, absence management etc. whilst providing support and guidance to other HR team members
Company Brand and engagement
- Champion a positive and creative culture of high performance, supporting the brand as a global industry leader in visual effects.
- Partner with Talent colleagues to support the development of the brand’s Talent strategy
- Develop a broad understanding of the employment relationship in other sites
- Conduct new hire orientation, facilitate other training and promote the Brand culture through various company initiatives.
- Actively participate in department meetings by presenting company information and being the representative of the Talent organization on the floor