3D Environment Sculpting Artist
- Montreal, QC, Canada
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in Montreal, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
We are looking for 3D Environment Sculpting Artists with talent and experience in the modelling / sculpting of environments, realistic creatures and/or characters. Ideally you will also be able to demonstrate some additional experience around CG character development (look dev) and high-end CG production (lighting / rendering) but most importantly you will be able to model and sculpt highly detailed and photorealistic environments and creatures and characters.
- Modelling and sculpting environments to high level of detail
- Performing more generalist and 3D work when required
- Experience using Maya and/or Houdini and ZBrush
- Solid understanding of the visual effects production pipelines
- Good communication skills to enable you to work well in a team and take direction from clients, directors etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- A traditional arts background with emphasis on photo-realistic work would be an advantage
- Proven ability in modeling and surfacing custom photo realistic 3D props, spaceships and aircrafts, vehicles and environments
- Knowledge of Nuke, Houdini, MEL and Python are a plus
- Ability to work independently or as part of a larger team
- A proven eye for detail, scale and realism
- A strong resume, demo reel and/or references
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.