Senior Rigging Artist
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Part of the Mikros company and the Technicolor group, Mikros Animation's studios are dedicated to high-end CG Animation for feature films and episodic.
Galvanized by a proven track record, the teams in Paris, Montreal and London are working on their 9th feature film. The diversity, richness and ambition of contents go hand in hand with a collaborative and creative atmosphere where talent can best develop.
- Work with the Rigging Lead/Supervisor to establish a rig that fully supports an animation style that reflects the tone of the film, and maintain the style throughout the film;
- Work to create top quality body and facial rigs that meet the desired quality and style;
- Work closely with the Animation Team to ensure that the productions’ needs are understood and met, and that animators have fast, efficient, intuitive puppets;
- Create and adjust rigging standards;
- Provide creative ideas and solutions for the film on both a visual and technical level;
- Be a key contributor to create an engaging animated film of top quality, while managing and reducing the complexities of production;
- Be able to flag and solve potential problems to stay on schedule;
- Good knowledge in anatomy.
- 5+ years of experience working in the animation industry as a Rigging artist;
- Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of CG, pipeline and associated software/plugins;
- Experience in a variety of Maya rigging techniques, and the ability to optimize performance of rigs;
- Advanced hero character rigging experience with a Maya based pipeline;
- Must be able to take direction;
- Expert in Maya, with strong skills in MEL and Python scripting;
- Good communication skills are and excellent team player;
- A creative problem-solver;
- Knowledge in c++ is a plus.
- Experience in cartoony project is a plus.