- Montreal, QC, Canada
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide- Australia, Bangalore- India and Montreal- Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film’s culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground-breaking productions.
Reporting to the Global Head of Mill Film, you are you are responsible for scheduling, resource planning, and managing your department in partnership with your Head of Department. You are accountable for building and fostering strong relationships with other departments in the pipeline and the multiple show Production teams.
This is an exciting opportunity and challenge which will require you to manage Talent of all levels by monitoring performance and identifying training needs. The successful candidate will have experience working in a VFX environment and be passionate and enthusiastic about working in production. You navigate with ease communication and relationships with multiple internal stakeholders. You coach, mentor and manage your coordinators and assistance. You champion diversity, are deliberate in inclusiveness and culturally competent.
Mill Film has a legacy which includes an Academy Award for Visual Effects, we set the creative bar high and work hard to deliver creative excellence alongside building inclusion and diversity into the fabric of our studio.
· Attend dailies sessions
· Review, update and publish the schedule generated by the show
· Coordinate with the show Production Team to resolve conflicts or concerns
· Work with show Leads to assign artist’s work
· Keep all relevant databases up to date with department and show information and notes
· Be aware of the department’s immediate relationships up and down the pipeline
· Ensure an awareness of contract lengths within the team and work with HR and Central Production
· Monitor department efficiency alongside Central Production
· Work with the Head of Department, Recruitment and Central Production to hire new crew
· Manage team absence and reporting
· Liaise with Central Production on physical seating and licensing requirements for the department
· Take responsibility for new crew and ensure that they have sufficient support from the Head of Department and a relevant department ‘buddy’
· Supporting the Head of Department with performance management and assessment of the team
· Timesheet management
· Work with the Training Manager to identify training needs and ensure participation in training within the department
· Direct management of Department Coordinators/Pas
· If appropriate for your department work with Render Support to ensure priorities are set and backlogs are solved
· Work with HoD and show Leads to ensure that space issues are monitored
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Thorough understanding of CG production pipelines and post production in general is essential
· Strong project management skills and a sensitivity towards deadline related deliveries
· Proven experience of strategic scheduling
· Good general computer skills are required with particular emphasis on scheduling tools
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· 4 years of coordination experience in a fast- paced environment
· Proven experience coordinating on feature film projects
· Previous experience in a VFX facility an asset
· Detail orientated, highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment with challenging deadlines
· Excellent communication skills and organization skills
· Adept in dealing with sensitive characters
· Able to command large teams
· Calm and smart negotiator
· Able to delivers on results
· Inclusive and culturally aware and competent
Mill Film builds inclusion and diversity into the foundation of the studio. We believe that inclusion and diversity are the solution to delivering excellence in creative VFX for our clients. We foster a culture of respectful candor, where artists, production and technologists come together to build a talent community devoted to realizing industry leading VFX solutions for feature and episodic content for major Studios.