Head of Production
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Mr. X is an award-winning Visual Effects company that thrives on crafting creative solutions to seemingly impossible scripted moments in film and television. From the outset we engage filmmakers in a truly collaborative partnership to realize and deliver visuals that tell their stories.
We specialize in art house films, international co-productions, studio features and high-end episodic series.
Started in 2001 by Dennis Berardi, Mr. X began as an eight-person team based in a small Toronto corner-office. Eighteen years, and over one hundred completed credits later, the Mr. X Toronto headquarters now occupies over 36,000 square feet of studio space.
With outposts in Montreal, Los Angeles and Bangalore, Mr. X currently employs over five hundred full-time artists and staff in its four studio locations.
Mr. X Bangalore comprises a unique and talented group of 200+ artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of storytelling.
The Head of Production is responsible for delivering shows within their own facilities and collaborating with other facilities. The HOP will drive the long-term success of the Production Department and effectively manage their team.
· Working as part of the film production team to implement viable digital production/vfx solutions for feature films and high concept TV shows
· Build and maintain professional relationships with clients, cross site teams and local creative and production teams
· Develop, implement, and oversee project plans and delivery schedules to ensure both internal and client deadlines are met
· Participate in weekly production resourcing meetings
· Anticipate artist and production bottlenecks before they happen
· Propose new and efficient ways to improve production workflow at Mr. X
· Overseeing turnovers, outputs and client deliveries - ensuring the highest level of quality control
· Research digital and live action production methodologies during the internal bidding stages of feature film and television productions
· Work closely with the HoVFX to create accurate bids & amp; change orders
· Communicate with producers, coordinators, creative and technical leads regarding directives and production requirements of specific projects
· Make strategic recommendations relating to staffing, company workflow and procedures as well as overall company direction.
· Create accurate weekly internal and client status and cost tracking reports
· Oversee and mentor the production team on a regular basis.
· Leadership skills – good use of initiative and decision-making; confidence and emotional intelligence; ambition, passion and creativity; detail orientated and a critical thinker who works well under pressure
· Project management skills – time and data management; highly organized and analytical; planning and scheduling
· Communication skills – ability to work with and inspire a team; clear, strong and concise verbal and non-verbal messaging
· People person – experience in mentorship and coaching, teamwork and training/supporting others
· Collaborative spirit – team player who is able to build relationships and resolve conflict; honest and adaptable
· Visual Effects and Film Business knowledge is required