Senior System Administrator
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our team in Montreal, Vancouver, London and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
We’re the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Jungle Book, Blade Runner 2049, The Justice League, X-men series, Harry Potter series to name a few. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Systems, the Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for supporting, developing and operating top of the line, high-end infrastructure containing hundreds of servers, PB of fast storage and high throughput switching.
We are looking for someone with a SRE/DevOps mindset, multi-tasker, out of the box thinker, to complete our team of dynamic systems administrators. If you like a challenge and want to learn and experience hands on work on many technologies, this is the place.
- Responsible for the health and operations of local network, storage and systems
- Administer and manage high performance storage platforms and systems
- Administer Windows and Linux based servers
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues through thorough technical understanding of large scale networking and routing
- Communicate with multiple global technology support teams on a daily basis
- Proactively use monitoring tools to forecast technology areas requiring attention on a daily basis
- Identify and remediate storage and network bottlenecks, infrastructure-wide
- Ensure the timely and successful completion of all data backups
- Manage the data center power and cooling systems
- Communicate with operations staff surrounding technology issues
- Excellent background in both Linux (RHEL/CentOS preferred), Mac and Windows server administration
- In-depth knowledge and experience with networking, switch management and services (DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, etc.)
- Knowledge of IP networks, subnets and routing
- Scripting (Python, Bash)
- Experience with automation and orchestration tools (Salt, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with VMware
- 5 years or more of experience working in an IT position
- Experience working with IT infrastructure in a media or high performance computing environment is a definitive asset
- Degree in a technical discipline is an asset
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Capability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to take directions
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.