Deputy Head Of Studio
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the film industry.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our team throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
Deputy Head Of Studio
Global MD of Film
Responsible for the overall direction and effective running of the local studio insuring it is in line with MPCs global framework.
· Works with EP to oversee show progress and show budget at pre-set milestones or as required; including establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections
· Manage client visits
Financial and Strategy
· Responsible for all financial operations including budgets; forecasts; projections for the local studio
· Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine progress toward stated studio goals and objectives
· Develop strategic studio plan accounting for financial opportunities; present assumptions; recommend objectives
· Take care of local expenditure and bills
Leadership and Standards
· Support and motivate local senior management team in order to meet local objectives that are in line with global direction.
· Work with local senior management team to ensure facility is equipped with proper resources – talent, technology etc.
· Coordinate efforts by establishing procurement, marketing and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with relevant staff, in line with global direction
· Create, review, implement business procedures whilst ensuring local practises are in line with global expectations
· Maintains local quality by establishing and enforcing MPC standards.
· Build MPC’s image by collaborating with government, community organisations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices
· Drive MPC activities within the local industry and community
· Lead local lobbying initiatives including tax credits, immigration, etc
Talent and Engagement
· Ensure recruitment is delivering on providing the required talent pipeline in order to meet deliverables
· Ensures talent is hired and retained in accordance with MPCs financial targets and policies
· Oversee the hiring of key positions within MPC (ie HoD, EP)
· Oversee all engagement activities and represent MPC to local employees
· Organise relevant staff meetings and builds an environment in which employees willingly produce maximum work
· Work with Global Head of Facilities on building and lease requirements
· Ensure facility is maintained and in good running order