Global head of Technology
- Montreal, QC, Canada
MPC is a leading player in VFX, partnering with global names in film, and responsible for creating some of the phenomenal affects for legendary titles such as Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, X Men series. We have studios all over the globe with teams of creative experts and cutting edge digital knowhow.
The Global Head of Production is responsible for the global Production Management strategy that supports the day to management of delivery but also the longer-term objectives for growth and efficiency. This will include shaping and planning production activity, managing financial and operational risk and driving business levels.
As part of the Executive Committee your strategic approach will inform and support change programmes such as business transformation and organisation redesign.
The Global Head of Technology is working directly with the Global Managing Director and Group CTO to establish the Technology requirement and plan for MPC
Report to the CTO for the Film and TV Group and ensure that Technology decisions align with the vision and global strategy for the overall group.
Work closely with the Film and TV Technology departments (Software, System Architecture and Operations) to ensure that the need of MPC are anticipated into the overall strategy and meet day to day.
· Work daily with the Local and Regional Head of Infrastructure operation to ensure the technology for the facilities are running smoothly
· Work daily with Production and Management to anticipate and understand the technology needs
· Closely collaborate with the Global System Architecture teams to deploy new equipment or support defective one.
· Work with the CTO to consolidate budget and throughout the year make sure that the processes are followed.
· Work with the CTO and group Technology teams defining operations mode that ensure the business is efficient and resilient.
· Collaborate with Software to ensure the Shows and artists have the support and software they need for their deliveries
· Experience working with a VFX studio at the Head of Technology Level
· Strong understanding of VFX technology requirement on Rendering, Storage and Networking
· Experience working with a globally distributed business in a pressurized production environment
· Background managing a cross-site, cross-functional support team
· Prior experience collaborating with software teams
· Experience with Cloud Render technology
· Strong peer relationship management skills
· Service minded
· Ability to look beyond the immediate need to the long term
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.