- Los Angeles, CA, USA
MPC is the sum of the parts: creative partners with a range of creative solutions, harnessing our talent and technology to craft spectacular visual experiences in any space, on any screen. It all comes together in our enthusiastic and talented people, working daily to be a part of creating the best and most inspirational work in the industry.
The Lighting TD at MPC Film works to create real-time lighting within a game engine for immediate feedback for directors, cinematographers, and production designers. Lighting TDs are also responsible for lookdev of real-time characters, props, sets, and any lighting FX (i.e. caustics or god rays). Knowledge of on-set light nomenclature. This role is a key component of our real-time team and ensures the latest and greatest visuals for on-set decision making. Top-level engine skills, collaboration within a team, and creative problem solving are a must.
- Take ownership of a wide range of lighting looks using various techniques in both 3D packages & game engines.
- Work with VAD artists to ensure timely completion of VFX.
- Technical setup, integration, and troubleshooting of VFX.
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques, and reviews.
- Research and collect reference to help guide the look of VFX.
- Work within the established art styles of our wide-ranging IP's.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in film, cinematics, games, or equivalent education/work experience.
- Experience crafting eye-catching FX using Maya, Houdini, After Effects, Nuke, Photoshop, and/or in-game FX systems.
- A prior understanding of physics and animation timing.
- A basic understanding of real-time VFX and particles.
- Ability to adapt to various art styles.
- Strong communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of scripting languages.
- Experience creating procedural shaders using various shader languages.
- Strong knowledge of Python or C++.
- 2D animation background with a sound understanding of the principles of animation and timing.
- Experience working with volumetric and liquid simulations.
- Ability to build FX concept art.
- Compositing experience with Nuke or After Effects.
- Houdini power user.
Technicolor is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.