Film Systems Team – Runner - 6 month contract - Junior/entry Level role
- London, UK
Mill Film builds inclusion and diversity into the foundation of the studio. We believe that inclusion and diversity are the solution to delivering excellence in creative VFX for our clients. We foster a culture of respectful candor, where artists, production and technologists come together to build a talent community devoted to realizing industry leading VFX solutions for feature and episodic content for major Studios.
6 month contract - Junior/entry Level role
Please note - this role is for Computer science graduates only - it is not a route in post prodcutuon or VFX
A runner position is a great way to get started in the industry. There is currently a vacancy for a runner in the Systems team supporting the Film Systems department. The Systems team look after all the technology that creates cutting our edge visual effects, from workstations to servers and software.
The role would suit anyone who has come out of a computer science or related degree. The kind of person who loves tinkering with technology, building PC's or doing tech support. You'll get hands on with some state-of-the-art kit, tuition from experienced colleagues, and be involved in some very high profile movie productions at the same time.
Most of your time will be spent 'on the floor' setting up workstations and supporting our talented artists. Don't expect this to be a desk job! You'll also be helping out the rest of the team keeping things organised and the department running smoothly. You'll get first hand experience learning how MPC's Tech works from the ground up.
· Set up, move and install workstations to meet production requirements.
· Take delivery of, asset tag and deploy new equipment.
· Provide friendly face to face support for VFX Artists.
· Keep artist and technical areas tidy of stray equipment.
· Assist in returning broken equipment.
· Colour calibrate artist monitors.
· Keep the tape archive robot fed with tapes.
· Help other members of the Systems team as needed.
· Various ad-hoc project work.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
You must have
· Keen interest in computers and technology.
· Experience building, setting up, repairing computers
· Experience with troubleshooting hardware and software issues
· Friendly, excellent people skills and a desire to be part of a team.
· Self-motivated and proactive.
· An ability to prioritise workload and respond quickly to important issues.
· Enthusiastic with a commitment to learn.
Experience with Linux and Mac