- Los Angeles, CA, USA
MPC is the sum of the parts: creative partners with a range of creative solutions, harnessing our talent and technology to craft spectacular visual experiences in any space, on any screen. It all comes together in our enthusiastic and talented people, working daily to be a part of creating the best and most inspirational work in the industry.
The Stage TD is responsible for smooth running of the virtual camera and motion capture stage. Top-level creative problem solving is a must.
- Run virtual production shoots using a mix of technologies including: virtual camera, simulcam, motion capture (body and face), and virtual reality.
- Prep scenes for and operate shoots, including VR shoots, requiring motion capture and virtual production.
- Equipment upkeep and maintenance.
- Maintain & ensure correct setup & calibration of equipment.
- Ensure all data & reference material is stored neatly, following the file structures in place.
- Deliver on-schedule to meet deadlines and work under pressure if required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with leads as well as work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Help improve & develop the stage pipeline and workflows within the company.
- 3+ years working in motion capture on a stage.
- Experience with game engines (Unity & Unreal).
- Experienced user of MotionBuilder.
- Previous CG production experience in feature films, broadcast, or games.
- Intermediate to advanced-level user of Maya or similar 3D package a bonus.
- Mel and/or Python scripting ability is desirable, particularly within MotionBuilder & Blade.
- Good computer skills, some UNIX/Linux command line skills useful.
- Experience with virtual reality equipment (HTC Vive/Oculus Rift).
- Experience with in-scene camera work.
- Self-motivated problem solver.
Technicolor is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.