Supervisor, Virtual Art Department
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
MPC is the sum of the parts: creative partners with a range of creative solutions, harnessing our talent and technology to craft spectacular visual experiences in any space, on any screen. It all comes together in our enthusiastic and talented people, working daily to be a part of creating the best and most inspirational work in the industry.
MPC’s Virtual Art Department, or VAD, lies between our traditional Art Department and the Visualization Department. The role of our VAD team begins in pre-production, constructing real-time set builds, layout changes, and asset deliveries. Our VAD team works directly with both our pre-production teams and VFX asset/rigging supervision to maintain continuity from start to finish of production. The VAD Supervisor oversees creative and technical supervision of all real-time assets built for visualization and real-time engines.
- Oversee and supervise Virtual Art Department work across all projects, review assets at all stages, provide feedback to the team, supervisors, and clients as necessary.
- Ensure the team is producing high-quality assets that fit within the style and design of each project and brief.
- Be a key creative part of pitches and tests, helping us to win and secure the most ambitious, creative briefs out there.
- Be a senior creative voice within the company and department, advising on the best approach to deliver the best quality at all times.
- Nurture, develop, and manage our VAD Team with the support of our other department heads.
- Partner with the HoDs and talent team to source and recruit the best VAD talent.
- Support the animation team with technical and creative problems.
- Be hands on, build game engine assets for use in previs and virtual production.
- Deliver on-schedule to meet deadlines and work under pressure if required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with leads as well as work collaboratively as part of a team.
- 10+ years' experience in production of high-end 3D asset builds for film, games, or advertising.
- Significant experience working at a supervisory level on high-end VFX and animation projects across film and/or commercials/advertising.
- Be able to produce flawless, photoreal assets, on creatures, characters, and other various VFX projects.
- Be able to inspire, supervise, and lead a team/department of artists, to deliver world-class assets on-time and on brief.
- Be comfortable and accurate when quoting asset builds for new projects.
- Be a confident communicator with clients and team members at all levels.
- Good teamwork and excellent communication skills within the VFX team and with producers, directors, and clients.
- Be comfortable working and delivering under pressure and on schedule.
- Have a deep understanding of the entire VFX pipeline.
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and a typical post-production environment.
- Expertise with game engines (Unity & Unreal).
- Self-motivated problem solver.
Technicolor is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.