Human Resources Manager
- Adelaide SA, Australia
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide - Australia, Bangalore - India and Montreal - Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film’s culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground breaking productions.
We are growing exponentially and need someone who can hit the ground running! Reporting to the Global Senior Talent Manager, the HR Manager/Senior Talent Manager is responsible for guiding, managing and providing strategy on the HR function in the local studio. The role is fundamental in developing an effective local company culture whilst ensuring alignment to the brand’s framework and strategy; this includes overseeing the implementation locally of objectives, shaping and planning, managing financials and driving business levels of HR related processes.
As a senior member of the Talent organisation, your approach will inform, support and implement change programmes such as business transformation and organisation redesign locally, but also grow a corporate culture and an agile Talent approach that fosters a fast learning, iterative and continuously improving organization. You will be hands-on and involved in the more 'day to day' requirements for our Adelaide studio, and also navigating the wider Global context and collaborating on company initiatives.
You will be responsible for, but not exclusively:
- Support the motivation of local senior management and leadership teams in order to meet local objectives that are in line with global direction
- Drive culture, internal cohesion and a high level of performance with all employees
- Identify retention strategies, high potential employees and succession planning
- Lead the management and employee actions by best practices and company policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines
- Drive the local HR team to develop and deliver development programmes
- Lead and develop the HR team ensuring high performance
- Work in collaboration with regional HR Service Centre to drive the service delivery and employee experience
- Architect local talent strategies around engagement and employee experience
- Maintain and manage employee labour budgets, including pay review cycles, labour forecast and bonus management
- Management of other spend within the talent group
- Develop a local strategic HR plan accounting for financial opportunities
- Gather, evaluate, and ultimately interpret that data to devise and deliver local talent strategy (from recruitment, retention, performance, employee engagement)
- Oversee the implementation of Talent initiatives and strategies to ensure local departments effectively adopt them
- Analyse the current local HR process & set comprehensive goals for the local HR team to ensure they are in line with global objectives
- Professional expertise – A strong working knowledge of employment law issues, best practice processes, as well as experience of employee relations and ideally in immigration
- Organisational skills – personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands are key
- Communication skills – ability to lead a team, managing diverse personalities and viewpoints; the ability to build relationships and collaborate with others is vital
- Commercial acumen – strategic decision-making within the business as an influencer. Being able to understand company finances, resourcing and the ultimate aims of the business is important
- Role modeling – demonstrate and lead on the values, initiatives and culture of an organisation
- Coaching and mentoring – Whether local senior management, junior colleagues or middle management, you will be proficient in developing skills in your talent
- Trust – a trusted confidante on talent issues, unafraid of giving your opinions and expertise
- Genuine in integrating Diversity and inclusion ethos
Mill Film builds inclusion and diversity into the foundation of the studio. We believe that inclusion and diversity are the solution to delivering excellence in creative VFX for our clients. We foster a culture of respectful candour, where artists, production and technologists come together to build a talent community devoted to realising industry leading VFX solutions for feature and episodic content for major Studios.