- Los Angeles, CA, USA
MPC is the sum of the parts: creative partners with a range of creative solutions, harnessing our talent and technology to craft spectacular visual experiences in any space, on any screen. It all comes together in our enthusiastic and talented people, working daily to be a part of creating the best and most inspirational work in the industry.
We are actively looking for a Systems Administrator to support the virtual production department in LA. This role offers the potential to advance your technical skills and experience using state-of-the-art technology in an on-set environment. You will have an opportunity to learn from highly-experienced colleagues. If you have a sharp technical mind, enjoy computing, and want to be a part of some very high-profile productions, then this is the role for you.
- Provide desktop support for artists and production staff using Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Setup and install workstations.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware/software/networking issues.
- Calibrate artist monitors.
- Ad-hoc project work.
- Ability to prioritize workload and respond quickly to critical issues.
- Understanding of previsualization is preferred.
- Flexibility to travel within the Los Angeles metropolitan area as needed.
- A keen interest in computer hardware and systems technology.
- Excellent people skills and a desire to be part of a team.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work under pressure.
- Basic knowledge of servers, networking, storage, and render systems for troubleshooting purposes.
- Ambition to improve skill set and knowledge base.
- Enthusiastic with a commitment to learning.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with staff face-to-face, or via phone, tickets, and chat.
Technicolor is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.